Saturday, March 9, 2013

Aussie Curves Retro inspired

This week's theme is Retro. At first I got all OCD and started researching individual decades for inspiration but I decided retro is not the same as vintage. It is fashion inspired by looking back to fashions and styles that are classic or that remind you of a different time in your life or a feeling. The series Mad Men is my inspiration as well as my memories of my aunt's fashion style when I was a child in the 60s. Oh yes, I was a CHILD in the 60's.
So a pencil skirt with a polka dot jumper and a belt it is. I love the bright pink of this top from Big W, They went more for pastels in the 60s but I like bright.
This is a bit washed out because the photographer forgot to set her white balance properly but it seems more like a 70s colour photo so it just adds to the retro theme.
My new cats eye glasses just match the retro feels dont you think? I had a pair of blue cats eye glasses when I was a little girl. Didnt love them quite as much as I love these ones.

Skirt TS 14 plus, top Big W, Belt Autograph Shoes Evans , pearls from my 21st birthday
 Pardon the belt slip. That wasnt supposed to happen.
just for laughs.
Thanks for reading. I do think I will actually wear this to work when the weather gets cooler. Could be fun.
This is a blog hop and we are loving the retro look so check them out.



8 comments:

  1. I love the glasses with this outfit, they really match fabulously. Pearls are a great touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAAAANT THAT TOP!!! Wish we had Big W in NZ! Looks awesome on you! I love your glasses too, Im shopping round for new frames atm but unfortunatly cats eyes make me look silly. love them on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ezmae. I was going to say you can have it but I guess it is a little difficult if Big W is not on NZ.

      Delete
  3. That top is soooo cute!! i love it :) love the retro glasses too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! You look amazing. The pink looks divine with your blonde locks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie, My locks are particularly blonde this week having had them refreshed and cut on Thursday. Pink is fun. Almost as good as red.

      Delete