Saturday, May 11, 2013

Aussie Curves Time Saver

Well here we are again at the end of the Aussie Curves blogging week. This week's theme is Time Saver.
I have to admit that , like many other women, I feel quite time poor. Life is a little less hectic with grown children but I still have to be at work by 8 4 days a week and the other day I am still AT work at 8. So saving time getting ready for work makes life feel manageable.
So here are my tips:
1. Have a basic uniform to vary for work clothes. For me that means usually black basic shell with colourful top layer. Not always but it is a go to when I need not to think
2. Plan what you are going to wear the day before and get it out. ( I don't always follow my own advice but I wish I did )
3. minimal hair bother. I am lucky to have naturally curly hair. I fought it for a long time but now I embrace the curl. I know it can look wild and unruly at times. That's because it is. So, after washing I apply some antifrizz stuff, scrunch my hair and let it dry naturally. This is the most time saving thing I can do and I like my hair curly.
So to demonstrate my tips, here we go. I am using my basic ASOS body con Tshirt dress and styling 3 ways.
asos dress and cardi from Autograph summer 2012. Necklace Lovisa.
Shoes from Evans of course.
I would wear this to work or to dinner.
Same dress and shoes but jacket from city chic.I love this outfit for work. No necklace here bacause the sun was getting low and I had to save time but a red chunky one would be the order of the day.
natural waves in hair. No fuss
For a more casual look I have the same dress but this time with boots from this year's Autograph range and the jacket also from Autograph. Military style ponti jacket. I think I will get a lot of casual wear from this if it ever gets cold enough
The sun was in my eyes but it was nice that it was there for the pics.
Check out the other Aussie curvettes and their time saving tips. We all need them.

7 comments:

  1. All looks are great! I have to do the same thing everynight. Pack my clothes.....if that doesn't happen I can almost guarantee that I'll be late :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. What a pity I had to leave just after you arrived at the gathering. It would have been nice to connect.

      Delete
  2. That stripe jacket looks great on you as does everything else. I have dead straight hair so jealous of your curls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You. Yes the striped jacket is my favourite too. I have worn it a lot. With hair we always seem to want what we don't have. I tried to perm it straight when I was younger. Much better to embrace the curl

      Delete
  3. I love how you've styled it three ways! You look great in all of the combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black + bright combinations. Gorgeous. That's one of my favorite go-to outfit combos!

    http://plush-plum.com - a plus(h) size fashion blog
    Recent post: White Picks from eShakti!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic outfits... you look great! love the stripe blazer, red jacket and those boots.

    ReplyDelete