Sunday, November 18, 2012

Aussie Curves pastel

I love these Aussie Curves challenges. But sometimes I just want to go with what I know works for me. 10 years ago I "had my colours done". And there were very few pastels in my palette. Stronger deeper colours match my skin and hair and light eyes better.Interestingly, the colours that I had always struggled with were not on my palette. I had worked it out pretty well without the expert's help.
But I wanted to try. Even put my money where my mouth is and bought a dress that I would love to look good in.Sadly I just dont think it suits me.I have tried to make it work in 3 different permutations but the girls agree. I can do better.
But before I send this lovely dress back for somene else to buy and look gorgeous in, I will share it with you. Because we have to play and take risks even if it doesnt always work.

 However, I do love this new necklace. It is pastel and I wouldnt have bought it if we werent tryng pastels this week. So lets see what we can make work.
I bought this swimming coverup to wear as a summer dress. I think it looks great with a camisole and leggings underneath. It is going to be a very comfortable outfit for summer BBQs. The neutral colours lend themselves to all sorts of different accesory options. This time the pastel ones.
To add to the pastels I paired the necklace with some statement pastel ear rings.

I'm pretty happy with this second outfit. Thanks Aussie Curves for pushing my comfort zone. I guess I just have to know where to push to and where to stop.
This is a blog hop. Check out the other girls




No comments:

Post a Comment