Sunday, December 2, 2012

Aussie Curves Orange

I have to say that some of the Aussie curves challenges seem impossible to me. And orange is one of those themes. I have never worn orange successfully in my life! It is simply not a "cool summer" colour. I had decided that the only way to participate was to colour my toenails orange. They would be far enough away from my face to get away with it.
Somehow I felt I was chickening out. After all we are supposed to be pushing the boundaries right?
So yesterday I went shopping to my local Myer. I love the TS girls at Hurstville and had a nice chat. But wandered off into the rest of the plus size section which has been improved recently. And what did I spy?
Is it orange enough? This beautiful dark corally, watermelony, orangey fabric?
Did you know that Leona Edmiston makes clothes for plus sized ladies now? And they are just reworked dresses from her normal collection rejigged for our more generous bodies?
I had to try it on.
It drapes beautifully and feels cool despite today's humidity. The detailing of the pleats in the front is lovely.
I had to pair it with my pearl necklace. I know retro right? But a pearl necklace was just the present every girl wanted when she turned 21 in the 1980s. Mine doesnt get work by me that much anymore although the oldest DD with the retro touch in her fashion choices drags it out every now and then. She however is not sure of the colour on me.
What do you think?
I can see this being a good work dress or even nicer, a dress for being a lady who lunches. Can you?

dress Leona Edmiston for Myer It was on special and doesnt seem to be on their web page anymore.
Shoes Target.
Watch Emporio Armani mens collection
This is a blog hop. See what the other awesome women of curve are doing with the theme. And be generous with your comments to all.





23 comments:

  1. WOW a glamorous find M'Dear. I agree Aussie Curves themes are not ideal and add to my feeling of being invisble. Then ... a post like yours informs and inspires me to hang in there. You look a gorgeous, vivacious breath of summer ;) Thank You for a fabulous post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. Looking forward to your next post. We oldies have to support each other. I know you have orange in your wardrobe. Hope to see it soon

      Delete
  2. AMAZING DRESS! I am insanely jealous I want it! You look so gorgeous in these pictures and I love your shoes with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ezmae. I love the look of the shoes but have never actually worn them for a day yet. Too worried about being able to walk after some hours.

      Delete
  3. The Leona Edminston line is lovely, it is a shame she refuses to have it in her stores, or have it photographed on plus size models, she won't release samples of it either (not even to big newspapers and mags)..

    Still, those of us who have managed to find it in Myer love it, I know I do, I think it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress, you look gorgeous in it- that one's a keeper!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bec. Wasnt sure whether to keep it or not but the positive comments have persuaded me

      Delete
  5. I think the dress looks lovely on you - I'm glad you pushed your boundaries and went for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might have to pop into Myers! Your dress is lovely. What a great find! The colour really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I was very lucky. Hope you find something you like too

      Delete
  7. Lovely! I really love the wedges, they are perfect for the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh!! This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I loooove this dress and loving it paired with the wedges. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. Would love to see something like this on you too. Would be nice in Queensland

      Delete
  9. Very nice indeedy. I'm with you, if I wear any orange it is more likely to be in this coral colour which is almost pink and red at the same time (or maybe I'm just colour blind LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its pushing the boundaries for Orange but in natural light it has enough yellow in it to qualify I think. Just.

      Delete
  10. Oh that dress is just perfection! I love it and you wear it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! Amazing that ress you wer it well! I think i need a shopping trip lol :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Jeanie. I felt really pretty in it

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!!!!!! i adore that dress!! its so stunning. you look great I'm glad you didn't chicken out this is a great look for you. :) Don't forget to enter my Kardashian Kollection Kompetition details on the blog now :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete