Sunday, September 22, 2013

Aussie Curves Peplum

The women at Aussie Curves have been showing off their peplum fancies this week.
It's one of those " Rules of Fashion" that I have to rebel against because I remember wearing peplums in the 80s a few times but this most recent trend has been huge and I am loving it. 
It's so lovely to have a fashion option which give me an illusion of a waist. The different options are wonderful.

Here is a photo of a peplum I bought from ASOS. It was way too big when I took the shot

I've cut it up and resewed it , taking in the seams by about 2 inches so watch this space to see the new improved version. I'm pretty happy with it

You can see the skirt is shorter and the top a little more snug

A different belt of more flattering

And here it is without the belt. The skirt is the wonderful scuba skirt by Harlow and the shoes my trusty glitter cap shoes from Evans. 
Thanks to Jo from I curvy for the photo app tips. I am becoming more self sufficient with my shoots now even tough I much prefer the gorgeous shots we get when my daughter is inclined to be my photographer. 
Check out the other Aussie Curvettes. They have done a great job this week









4 comments:

  1. Love the print! Looking forward to seeing the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how it looks now, but I love the way you've styled it in the above picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo. I LOVE this top, it's a pretty regular feature in my wardrobe. Nice job with the sew up. ;)

    ReplyDelete