Friday, April 15, 2011

the reason for the title

Friends can surprise you with generosity. Who would have thought that a European trip would bring out the loveliness of my friends? Given , this is not s straight forward trip, I have still been overwhelmed by the good will towards me on this trip.
Last Sunday my good friend Liz organised a surprise birthday Bon Voyage breakfast. I had just finished a 25 hours shift and the Gods had not smiled on me. It was a horror shift and I was feelling a little fragile around the edges. We met at the agreed place and there were 2 more friends waiting and a helium balloon so everyone in the restaurant knew we were there for an occasion. What a lovely way to start getting me in the mood for the adventure ahead.
Later that week I had lunch with my lovely and well trvelled friend Monica. I was brainstorming about what handbag I would use. Monica took her things out of her wonderful leather backpack that is so well designed and offered it to me for my trip. After a minute hesitation I accepted. And it has turned out to the the best decision. Finally, Liz brought over a travel pillow. Not just any one but  a bright red one. My favourite colour.
So it s with these gifts that I venture on to Europe bringing my friends with me in thought and gift. What wonderful friends they are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment