Sunday, September 9, 2012

Aussie Curves, my first time

Since a major change in my life last year I have been paying more attention to my clothes. As part of that I have been looking for inspiration in other plus sized lady's blogs and there are some wonderful examples out there. Just recently a new group has started posting a weekly blog hop. It's called Aussie Curves and there is such a lovely feel ammongst the group that I decided to have a go and join in.
I have missed some of the themse that would have been easy for me. Boots, yes mam, every day in winter. Leggings, sure. My best friends. Red. Are you kidding? Nearly every day this colour gets a look in for me. But this last week the challenge has been copy cat celebrity. What a challenge!
Not many celebs are my kind of size. But I realised that was not the point. The point was to channel something in a celebrity that we can use in our own fashion.
A feature I like about myself is my hair. It is naturally curly and doesnt require much to look good other than a really good cut and some product when it is washed. So I decided to look for a celeb with short curly blonde hair and an attitude to match.
Enter Kim Cattrall
I like her low key style. Statement lips and attitude. And It helps that I have a red dress.
So here is my attempt
And here is the full length
The dress is from Kiyonna and the shoes are from Rivers.
Heres to taking a risk and putting it out there.
Watch out for the next one. Sparkle!



2 comments:

  1. Great take channelling Kim Cattrall! You've even captured her red wrap dress. Looking forward to seeing you sparkle this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW so sorry I missed your post last week. You look wonderful. Thank YOU so much for your lovely comments this week on my Sparkle post. I'm in a Great GrandMaMa tizz so apologies if I've missed your SPARKLE post. Have a wonderful week ;)

    ReplyDelete