Sunday, September 23, 2012

Aussie Curves Stripes


There are a lot of supposed "rules" for over sized girls. All designed to somehow "flatter" us. Wear lots of black is one of them. And another is "never wear stripes"
Well we women at Aussie Curves are here to disprove the theories. So this week's theme is "stripes".
I love stripes. Have quite a few pieces in the wardrobe. The most recent is this lovely Jacket from City Chic.
It's called Jailbird and it's made of ponte which is a nicely weighted knit material. Very comfortable to wear and great for adding that extra layer to give something a bit of class. I love that I can wear it to work or with jeans.
I didn't get to participate in the Red challenge so today I am wearing my red Sara jeans with a ballet tank from Virtue ( last years collection ) and a red necklace from TS14 plus. Red is my fallback colour.
Love this jacket. It is coming with me to the big apple.
On a side note. It is a big challenge for me to post these photos. The person I see in the mirror is not the person I see in the pics. The person in the mirror is much slimmer. It is like the reverse of the eating disorder when a skinny girl sees a fat one in the mirror. But the photos show the real me so posting them is a step towards accepting myself. This is who I am. Only I have the power to change it. If I choose. But the first step is to accept myself right now and work towards the person I want to be inside and out. Big changes have happened in my life in the last 2 years. Some initially looked to be very disappointing but they have led to a lot of personal growth and a huge amount of self acceptance. The inside of me is much happier. Just have to reconcile the outside. Thanks to all in Aussie Curves for the accepting community you are. It makes a difference.

19 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! Don't be fooled by what you think you see through the lens. That jacket is the perfect cut for you, and I'm loving all the red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a radical notion.. maybe you're just fine the way you are? :)

    Eyes are a LOT kinder than lenses. Cameras aren't the most "True" indication of how we look, just open up any trashy magazine and you will see some of the (supposedly) most beautiful people on earth looking awful with contorted faces, simply because some idiot with a long lens has caught them in the middle of a sneeze or something.. the camera freezes things.

    I like to keep the Ani DiFranco quote in mind "It took me so long to realise, that I don't look good in photos, because I have the kind of beauty that moves..."

    You do look great in these photos. I bet you look even better walking around in real life though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... yes I still live under the inherited curse of stripes so get exactly what you mean. Plus Thanks ... didn't realise Sara was doing coloured jeans. My no bum, skinny legs with a wide middle are making all the jeans I try sag round the thighs so mega thanks for the tip. Totally adore your jacket totally. You're looking gorgeous as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a great campaign by Jessica Kane {of Skorch mag} about the full body pic. So many plus size ladies rely on the artfully placed head shot. It's about stepping up, full length and owning your body. Maybe check it out, I wish I could remember the name.

    Now back to you!

    You look FAB! You know me. I'd wear this outfit in a SECOND. It's gorgeous. I was wondering about the fit of the SARA jeans and these look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what- the woman in these pictures is amazingly beautiful and vibrant. Don't ever be ashamed of the wonderful person you are- you look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is So summer chic, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super polished look! You look confident and comfortable. My 2-must-have when it comes to style choices

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this combination. Nothing beats stripes and a splash of red!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! I really love black & white stripes with red, for me it's the perfect colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WTG! I'm a bit like you, photos of self quite often take me by surprise too. You look lovely and red really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the red and stripes together! My fav combo! Looks fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comment about Melissa McCarthy. I agree with all you say ;) It's not possible to reply to your comment via email, something to do with your settings, hence me popping in here again ;) The pants, Tee with blouse/shirt over were what Millers sold when they were our only choice ;)Hoping you have a lovely long weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving that jacket and jeans on you! Red's my fallback colour too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this outfit. I'm almost convinced to go out and buy a blazer/jacket. SOOOOOO TEMPTING!
    Luv Jac @Common Chaos Chronicle xxoxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous, and I love that shade of darker red, just great. I agree with all the other ladies, cameras only capture a particular static version of you from a certain angle. It's not the real you, which is best expressed in motion and all the other senses. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Red is a GREAT colour on you, you rock it bold, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So jello of this whole outfit....I've got the same jacket actually but it looks great with the red jeans and I totally wanna steal your necklace! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Black white and red is an awesome colour combo!

    ReplyDelete