Sunday, January 20, 2013

Aussie Curves Second Hand

So this last week's theme has been second hand. Some of the other ladies on Aussie curves swear that some of my local second hand stores are great for opshopping but that kind of luck has never shone on me. I think if you are on the plus side of plus sized the pickings are pretty slim.
But having friends whose weight fluctuates can be a blessing and we often help each other out with cast offs as we go up and down.
One of the benefits of receiving your friend's cast offs is that you try items of clothing that you might not have picked off the rack.
 And so it came to be that this blue slightly see through off the shoulder top came to be in my wardrobe. A friend has lost weight and thought this might suit me.
 I teamed it with a white glomesh bag bought from the south end of Newtown where the prices are a bit more reasonable. I actually gave this bag to my youngest daughter for Christmas because she looks so good in the retro shape but I borrowed it for this shoot. The jeans were a purchase in New York and I love them. They were not cheap but Macys prices are still much better then Aussie prices for NYDJ jeans and I do rather like the indigo skinny look.
Excuse my daughter's bedroom but the light in there is too good and I don't have a full sized mirror in mine.
My necklace from Collette matches the top very well I think.
I have to dress quite smart casual for my job and always struggle to get the right kind of modern casual if I am going out to a pub or something like that. Never was my scene when I was younger but now that I am more relaxed about myself its nice to have some outfits that fit in better. I think this would be great for a drink with the girls or a night of pub trivia. Could even be fun to dance in.
Now where is that dance partner I could be looking for?

This is a blog hop. See what the other clever girls can do with second hand finds





8 comments:

  1. That colour really suits you Marty and I love the skinny jeans on you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylee. I was surprised how nice skinny jeans can look on a plus sized woman

      Delete
  2. You look fabulous! Love the jeans wish Id thought to buy there and that handbag is perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie, I do love me a glomesh bag as you well know

      Delete
  3. Ooooo!! I really love this. It suits you beautifully and is so modern and fresh. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. I did have fun putting it together. Now just have to wear it for real

      Delete
  4. This top is gorgeous on you! I really like it with the necklace and trousers it looks very sophisticated yet comfortable. you look beautiful! the colour is great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks So much Ezmae. What a lovely compliment

      Delete