Saturday, February 9, 2013

Aussie Curves: the swimsuit edition

Well I have to admit, like many of the other Aussie curves bloggers, this one was the one I faced with most trepidation. I have no problem getting into a swimsuit and in to the water. It is much easier now that I have a backyard pool but even before then, the experience of being in water is just too good to miss out on.

One of my favorite pastimes as a young person was to get into the surf and jump up and down in the waves. The feeling of cold salt water on the skin so refreshing on hot summer days. Of course, with my fair skin it had to be at either end of the day but I was lucky enough to live VERY close to the beach so heading down twice a day in the holiday was not an issue. And I NEVER had a bikini body. So I had to deal with it. Once you are in the water who cares anyway?

But putting it out there on the internet. That is another thing.

I have been bullied in a swimsuit. At our local public swimming pool I would go past young men as I kept an eye on my children and hear comments about whale and fat. It did upset me quite a lot. But then I thought who are you to stop me and my children from being in the water? In my line of work I encourage many people to enjoy the healing power of exercising in water and have heard so many times of the shame of exposing an overweight body in a swimsuit to the world. My answer? It's their problem. They can choose not to look at you but how dare they stop you from enjoying being active in water.

So even though I do not set a good example by keeping my weight under control. I choose to engage in life and not let my weight make that life any smaller than it has to be. So here it is. If you have got this far in my blurb you can now see the pics.

swimsuit Target, sunglasses Equip

I love a colorful suit. They are hard to come by in plus size but I like the crossover feature of this one. It is my favorite style because it feels secure in the surf.

A pashmina for a sarong goes double duty for sitting on the sand and keeping covered up at the beach.

But I have another cossie that makes me feel glam. So I decided to bling it up and channel the retro glamour that a cruise inspires. This Tankini from Citi chic is gorgeous. Even though I am not extremely well endowed in the bust department it gives a lot of shape. The bottoms are from Ezibuy the Sara range.
Swimsuit City Chic, necklace and hat Eumundi Markets. lipstick Maybelline
A nice wide brimmed hat and my lovely red shell necklace which I have worn before on Aussie curves and we complete the picture.
I must say I never wear red lipstick in the pool but this suit kind of demands it. Makes my backyard pool seem like it is somewhere dreamy. Now all I need is the lounge chair, the cocktail and the partner to share it with.

Phew, that's done. Now be nice in the comments and check out the other brave, gorgeous Aussie Curves women in our blog hop.


9 comments:

  1. pool in your backyard, you lucky thing! I have the City Chic polka dot tankini too, and I love it - it looks fabulous with the hat and red lippy :) very glam indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Had to wait a long time and this is the last summer we will have it but it has been nice while it lasted. And I agree,the polka dot 'kini is fab

      Delete
  2. Love, love the tankini. I think I missed the boat on those City Chic ones as my store has no swimwear left.
    Anyway, you look lovely in both. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylee. It didn't last long. worth paying full price for

      Delete
  3. Adore your black and white shots. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your black polka dot top! I'm into polka dots so this is a plus for me. Nice to see you in one.

    ReplyDelete