Sunday, October 28, 2012

Aussie Curves Breaking the Rules


All this week the girls at Aussie Curves have been breaking the fashion rules.
Meanwhile I have been busy thinking about rules. Are they made to be broken or there for a reason? I found myself quite unwilling to break many of the "rules" of dress I follow because they work for me.
But there are rules for fat women that are just stupid
Like " fat women should never wear white"
I wear white a lot. I love it in summer. Black pants are too hot in summer and well fitting white ones are fresh and lovely.
And rules for "women of a certain age" that also dont always work. Like "if you remember wearing it the first time around you shouldnt wear it this time"
And boy do I remember wearing fluoro brights in the 80s. Even though they broke another rule which was " Don't wear colours that are not flattering for your skin"
So here I am breaking all of the above rules.
White cropped jeans from Big W, white Tshirt and over vest from TS 14 plus last year. Bright Yellow scarf from Gloss.
And by the way, I bloke another personal rule. "Dont wear really flat shoes. You are too short.
But these cute multicoloured ballet flats from Target were too tempting. I think they will get a work out in summer.
Here's to pushing myself to experiment a little more and not always be bound by the "rules"
If you haven't already, check out the other posts.
This is a blog hop

4 comments:

  1. this is amazing!!!!!! i love it and so cool! those shoes are fabulous!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you living in this when the weather warms up, it looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in this outfit! Those shoes are all kinds of wonderful and add that extra something. The rules, are absolutely overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooo Hooooo loving you in white ... I've taken the white plunge for the very first time ever too. Thank You for your lovely comment ;)

    ReplyDelete