Monday, October 29, 2012

Aussie Curves: Skirt

The ladies at Aussie Curves are exploring Skirts this week. I must admit for much of my life I hardly wore skirts. A combination of not liking the way they sit on me and having the kind of feet that need supportive shoes and those kind of shoes often dont go with skirtts. But two things have happened in the last few years that have solved my problem. I discovered leggings. Yay for TS14 plus and city chic before them. And I found boots that fit my calves. I love the look of skirts with boots as you saw in my Blue post.

I have about 5 black skirts. They are different lengths and weights because they are a great staple to just give enough length to make a gillet a dress. But today I am going to show off one of my New York purchases. I didnt buy a lot of clothes in New York for me. Aske me about what I bought my daughters! But I did spend a few hours in Macys in the Plus size department. It takes up half of a whole floor! and this skirt was one of my finds.
I was prepared to pay the ticket price which was quite reasonable but it was columbus day week so I was happily surprised to find I was only charged $17 for this beauty. Cant complain about that.

Normally I would wear a slightly longer top to hide the ample tummy bulge in fornt but it was still damp when my photographer was available. Even when I was a teenager there was a bulge there so I have learned to live with it.
But dont you love the colour? Even though I wear a lot of red I love this magenta and will be able to make it work across the seasons.
Skirt Macy's NYC
necklace TS14 plus
Shoes Rivers
This is a blog hop. See what the other beauties are up to

2 comments:

  1. Love that NYC shopping ... you look gorgeous! I've only become a skirt girl recently, bought my fourth one yesterday.

    ReplyDelete